The Adventures of Baby J

Thursday, December 14, 2006

You can't plan for these things


We had gone to the mall with Santa over the weekend and showed Jacob Santa (No, No, NO Santa, Mommy!) and the trains. So yesterday, we went to the same mall again. I never even mentioned the "S" word. We watched the trains then I went in to a store and he went to the window display and I guess saw Santa from in there.

Then he came up to me and said "I Want to ask Santa what I want for Christmas, mommy!" I said, "You do?! Ok, sure! But what do you want for Christmas?" He said "Christmas." When pressed, he replied, "Christmas eve."

With that, I grabbed Jacob's hand and marched over to wait in line to see Santa. It was about 10 people deep. There were a few moments of "I Want to go home." or "I Want Pizza." But not enough to abandon ship, especially since when our turn was getting closer, he said "I want to sit on Santa's lap." He was very determined.

Unlike last year, he was so brave and marched right up to Santa said "Hi!" and got up on his lap and never cried at all. He was such a trooper. Then we had pizza. And went home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home