The Adventures of Baby J

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Driving Mr. Baby



jacob is obsessed with driving. Even though he has logged many (hours I guess?) behind the wheel of many a cozy coupe at the tot lot, the driving bug had not really taken hold until after we were at a local farmer's market a few Thursdays ago and jacob got to sit behind the steering wheel of a real fire truck. He totally loved it and was hamming it up with the firemen. I guess something about them having to look up at him as he held the steering wheel appealed to him?
Since then, when we stopped off at a pizza place for a bite while heading back from NJ a few weekends ago, in order to head off a tantrum from a toddler who did not want to sit and eat and had had enough of sitting in the car (with another hour or so still left on the trip), I had the brilliant idea to show him a video driving game complete with steering wheel, all kinds of buttons to push and pedals (but they are useless at this point!). He's been hooked ever since, exclaiming "I drive!" when we walk out to the car or after he gets out of his car seat. And he's not kidding. In fact, after a quick trip over to the tot lot (I know, should be walking but I was totally pressed for time) for swings, slides and sand box, i got him out of the back seat and he proceeded to run to the driver's door and said "I drive!" No slides, no swings, just the real gasoline burning deal. Ok, dude. Just fill'er up with gas and have 'er back by 10. Oh, and drop me off at home, wouldya?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home